Albuquerque Vipassana Sangha is a community that aspires to realize the liberating potential of the dharma—the teachings of the Buddha.
Our meditation gatherings, dharma talks and other activities are open to all. We always like to see new faces and old friends. Please join us.
- Visiting teacher Brian Lesage is in Albuquerque Thursday, March 12. His topic for the evening is: Modern Perspective on the Three Roots of Unwholesome Action. Brian also offers individual practice discussions during the day. Click here to sign up for a practice discussion.
- Wise Heart Study Group. A new group has been formed to study Jack Kornfield’s book, The Wise Heart. The group commences April 7. Participation is limited. Click here for more information.
- Visiting teacher Venerable Dhammadinna is in Albuquerque Thursday, April 9, and will lead a daylong retreat April 11. Click here for more information.
- Our community dharma leader Kathryn Turnipseed offers individual practice discussions. If you would like to schedule a discussion, you may contact her at .
- Watch for half-day sits on weekends, 9 am – 12:30 pm. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome. Meditators may join in the half-day event at any point.
- We encourage members to set up small groups for study and practice. If you are interested in establishing a group and finding people to join, click here.
- We have an Ethics and Reconciliation Council to encourage mutual respect and reconciliation within our community. For more information about the council or for help dealing with a conflict or grievance within the community, click here.
- If you leave your car on Rosemont, please park at least a couple of car lengths away from Broadway so the semi-trailer trucks have enough room to maneuver onto the street.