Albuquerque Vipassana Sangha is a community that aspires to realize the liberating potential of the dharma—the teachings of the Buddha.
Our meditation gatherings, dharma talks and other activities are open to all. We always like to see new faces and old friends. Please join us.
- We are celebrating our first Anniversary at Albuquerque Vipassana Center with an evening of food, open mic and gratitude dharma practice on January 31, 5:30 – 8:30 pm. See the calendar for more information.
- Wise Understanding and Compassion is the topic of a mini-residency with visiting teacher DaeJa Napier, February 5, 7-8. See the calendar and flier for details.
- Learn to Chant in Pali and English. This study group meets on four Thursdays: December 18, January 8, January 29 and February 19, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, before the Thursday evening meditation and talk. Click here for the flier. Everyone is welcome.
- Visiting teacher Brian Lesage is in Albuquerque Thursday, March 12. His topic for the evening is: Modern Perspective on the Three Roots of Unwholesome Action. Brian also offers individual practice discussions during the day. Click here to sign up for a practice discussion.
- Our community dharma leader Kathryn Turnipseed offers individual practice discussions. If you would like to schedule a discussion, you may contact her at .
- Watch for half-day sits on weekends, 9 am – 12:30 pm. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome. Meditators may join in the half-day event at any point.
- We encourage members to set up small groups for study and practice. If you are interested in establishing a group and finding people to join, click here.
- We have an Ethics and Reconciliation Council to encourage mutual respect and reconciliation within our community. For more information about the council or for help dealing with a conflict or grievance within the community, click here.
- If you leave your car on Rosemont, please park at least a couple of car lengths away from Broadway so the semi-trailer trucks have enough room to maneuver onto the street.