Albuquerque Vipassana Sangha is a community that aspires to realize the liberating potential of the dharma—the teachings of the Buddha.
Our meditation gatherings, dharma talks and other activities are open to all. We always like to see new faces and old friends. Please join us.
- Learn to Chant in Pali and English. A new study group meets on four Thursdays: December 18, January 8, January 29 and February 19, 4:30 – 6:00 pm, before the Thursday evening meditation and talk. Click here for the flier. Everyone is welcome.
- Our community dharma leader Kathryn Turnipseed offers individual practice discussions. If you would like to schedule a discussion, you may contact her at .
- Watch for half-day sits on Sunday mornings, 9 am – 12:30 pm. Half-day sits are scheduled for second and fourth Sundays unless another retreat is scheduled. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome. Meditators may join in the half-day event at any point.
- We encourage members to set up small groups for study and practice. If you are interested in establishing a group and finding people to join, click here.
- We have an Ethics and Reconciliation Council to encourage mutual respect and reconciliation within our community. For more information about the council or for help dealing with a conflict or grievance within the community, click here.
- If you leave your car on Rosemont, please park at least a couple of car lengths away from Broadway so the semi-trailer trucks have enough room to maneuver onto the street.