Albuquerque Vipassana Sangha is a community that aspires to realize the liberating potential of the dharma—the teachings of the Buddha.
Our meditation gatherings, dharma talks and other activities are open to all. We always like to see new faces and old friends. Please join us.
- Kathryn Turnipseed, our community dharma leader, is offering individual dharma discussions at the Rosemont location. If you are interested in scheduling a discussion with Kathryn, click here and follow directions to reserve a time. (Find this link also on the Community Dharma Leaders web page, under About Us, menu item above.)
- Sangha membership has spoken and picked a name for our location: Albuquerque Vipassana Center.
- Please take this short survey on sangha programming for retreats and residencies.
- Dharma and Climate Action is the topic for a new study group that begins October 5. The group is open to everyone. Click here for details and flier.
- Watch for half-day sits on Sunday mornings, 9 am – 12:30 pm, beginning September 14. Half-day sits are scheduled for second and fourth Sundays unless another retreat is scheduled. Beginners and seasoned practitioners are welcome. Meditators may join in the half-day event at any point.
- Visiting teacher Brian Lesage gives a dharma talk on Thursday, September 18. His topic: Early Buddhist Ethics & the Legacy of Joshu Roshi.
- Annual membership meeting, Sunday, September 21, from 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm. Among topics for discussion: our future at the Rosemont site. If you would like to know more about how the sangha works and/or would like to become more involved, please come to this meeting.
- We encourage members to set up small groups for study and practice. If you are interested in establishing a group and finding people to join, click here.
- We have an Ethics and Reconciliation Council to encourage mutual respect and reconciliation within our community. For more information about the council or for help dealing with a conflict or grievance within the community, click here.
- Check out the new Volunteer page (see the menu above).
- If you have a Buddha statue 15-20” tall you’d be willing to lend to the sangha, please contact Alison (505-342-2021, ). We would like to have a few options we can rotate, using a different Buddha statue every month or two until we find one to purchase.
- Teacher residency with Gloria Taraniya Ambrosia, October 20 – November 4. Click here for a list of events. A limited number of individual practice discussion reservations will be available after October 4.
- If you leave your car on Rosemont, please park at least a couple of car lengths away from Broadway so the semi-trailer trucks have enough room to maneuver onto the street.