Albuquerque Vipassana Sangha is a community that aspires to realize the liberating potential of the dharma—the teachings of the Buddha.
Our meditation gatherings, dharma talks and other activities are open to all. We always like to see new faces and old friends. Please join us.
- Check out the new Volunteer page (see the menu above).
- First Annual Gratitude Meditation & Brunch, Saturday, September 6, 10:30 am – 1:00 pm. See the flier for more information.
- Visiting teacher Brian Lesage gives a dharma talk on Thursday, September 18. His topic: Early Buddhist Ethics & the Legacy of Joshu Roshi.
- Annual membership meeting, Sunday, September 21, from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm. Among topics for discussion: our future at the Rosemont site. If you would like to know more about how the sangha works, please come to this meeting.
- The Buddha statue on our altar is on loan, and it’s time to return it to its owner. If you have a Buddha statue 15-20” tall you’d be willing to lend to the sangha, please contact Alison (505-342-2021, ). We are hoping to have a few options we can rotate, using a different Buddha statue every month or two until we find one to purchase.
- Teacher residency with Gloria Taraniya Ambrosia, October 19 – November 4. The calendar will be updated as activities are scheduled.
- If you leave your car on Rosemont, please park at least a couple of car lengths away from Broadway so the semi-trailer trucks have enough room to maneuver onto the street.